The Town Clerk’s Office will have a birth certificate on file in Bennington if:
- The child was born in Bennington, or
- The parents reside in Bennington at the time of the birth, but the birth took place elsewhere in Vermont.
The cost for each certified copy is $10.00.
To obtain a copy of your/ your child’s birth certificate you may:
- Come into the office, tell us your name and date of birth and we will get your certificate immediately, or
- Mail a request to:
- Bennington Town Clerk
- 205 South Street
- Bennington, VT 05201
Enclosed must be:
- Name and date of birth
- A return address
- A check / or money order made out to the Town of Bennington for $10.00 per certified copy
- For online service (additional fee) go back to vital record main page and use the Paypal button.
We will process your request the day we receive it.