The Town Clerk’s Office with have a death certificate on file in Bennington if:
- the death occurred in Bennington, or
- the deceased resided in Bennington at the time of death, and the death occurred elsewhere in the State of Vermont
The cost for each certified copy is $10.00.
To obtain a copy of a death certificate you may:
- Come into the office, tell us the name and date of death; we will get the certificate for you immediately, or
- Mail a request to:
- Bennington Town Clerk
- 205 South Street
- Bennington, VT 05201
Enclosed must be:
- Name and date of death
- A return address
- A check / or money order made out to the Town of Bennington for $10.00 per certified copy
- For online service (additional fee) go back to vital records main page and use the Paypal button.
We will process your request the day we receive it.