The Town of Bennington adopted an American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Self- Evaluation & Transition Plan on July 11, 1995. Significant changes and improvements were completed since the adoption of the Transition Plan; therefore, the Town of Bennington began the process of updating the Transition Plan. This updated ADA Plan is intended to address accessibilities in all Town of Bennington programs and facilities. This plan was last updated on October 10, 2022.
- Municipal ADA Coordinator:
Paul Dansereau - email@example.com
- VIEW: ADA Transition Plan / Self Evaluation
- Online: Grievance Form
The Town of Bennington ADA Plan will be reviewed annually and updated every five years to ensure it remains relevant as Town of Bennington programs, activities, and facilities change. The overarching goal is the continual improvement and upgrade to enable compliance with and when practical exceeding 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design.
ADA Grievance Procedure
The Town of Bennington has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by the United States Department of Justice regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Title II states, in part, that “no otherwise qualified disabled individual shall, solely by reason of such disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination” in programs or activities sponsored by a public entity.
Complaints should be addressed to the Town Manager who has been designated to coordinate ADA compliance efforts.
- A complaint should be filed in writing or verbally. It should contain the name, address, and contact information for the person filing the complaint as well as a brief description of the alleged violation of the regulations.
- A complaint should be filed within sixty (60) days after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
- An investigation, as may be appropriate, shall follow a filing of a complaint. The investigation shall be conducted by the Town Manager, or his/her designee such as the Town of Bennington ADA Coordinator. These rules contemplate informal but thorough investigations, affording all interested persons and their representatives, if any, an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to a complaint.
- A written determination as to the validity of the complaint and a description of the resolution, if any, shall be issued by the Town Manager and a copy forwarded to the complainant no later than (60) days after filing.
- The ADA coordinator shall maintain the files and records of the Town of Bennington relating to the complaints filed.
- The complainant may request a reconsideration of the case in instances where he or she is dissatisfied with the resolution. The request for reconsideration should be made within thirty (30) days to the Town Manager.
- The right of a person to a prompt and equitable resolution of the complaint filed hereunder shall not be impaired by the person’s pursuit of other remedies such as the filing of an ADA complaint with the responsible federal department or agency. Use of this grievance procedure is not a prerequisite to the pursuit of other remedies.
- These rules shall be construed to protect the substantive rights of interested persons to meet appropriate due process standards and to assure that the Town of Bennington complies with ADA and implementing regulations.
Town of Bennington
ATTN: Town Manager
P.O. Box 469
Bennington, VT 05201
You may use the online Grievance Form below: